This article applies to:
6.x Email Manager for Outlook, Briefcase for Windows, Contributor Pro
Issue: A sync issue can occur when a user cannot download a minor (draft) version of a document.
This issue occurs if the Versioning Settings of a SharePoint 2007 library are set as follows:
- Document Version History > Create major and minor (draft) versions
- Draft Item Security > Who should see draft items in this document library > Only users who can edit items or Only users who can approve items
With these settings, the issue arises in the following circumstances:
- User A modifies the document, creating a new minor version (eg. 1.1, 1.2, 2.1).
- User B synchronizes the library in Colligo Contributor and receives a Sync Error for the document updated by user A.
Resolution: You can remove the sync error by creating a new major version of the document.
Alternately, to ensure this issue never occurs, change the value of the versioning setting Draft Item Security to Any user who can read items.
To change this setting:
- On the Settings menu (in the Document Library), click Document Library Settings.
- In the General Settings group, click Versioning settings.
- In the Draft Item Security section, under Who should see draft items in this document library, click Any user who can read items.