This article applies to the following:
7.x Email Manager for Outlook
6.x Contributor Pro, Email Manager for Outlook
Issue: Email Manager for Outlook is not functioning properly and there is no dialog to explain what the issue may be.
Resolution: There is a Windows environment variable called VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS that you can enable to display Outlook and VSTO error messages when VSTO add-ins are being loaded.
To enable the variable:
- Close Outlook.
- From the Start button, right-click Computer and select Properties from the contextual menu.
- In the Control Panel Home section, click Advanced system settings. The System Properties dialog displays:
- On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables. The Environment Variables dialog displays:
- In the System variables section, click New to display the New System Variable dialog:
- In the Variable name field, enter VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS. In the Variable value field, enter “0”.
- Click OK.
- Launch Outlook. Ensure the Email Manager for Outlook add-in is enabled.