This article applies to:
8.x Email Manager for Outlook with Office 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Description: After applying Microsoft Office Update KB4011162, Email Manager for Outlook stopped working. The following error is seen in the log:
Error: |2017-10-16 10:22:59.4119| First chance exception caught. Exception: The operation failed. Stack: at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder.set_WebViewURL(String WebViewURL) at Colligo.Outlook.Content.PSTFolder.UpdateHomePage() at Colligo.Outlook.Content.PSTFolder.set_StoreItem(Folder value) at Colligo.Outlook.PSTManager.CreateRootFolder() at Colligo.Outlook.PSTManager.CreateCoreFolders() at Colligo.AddIn.AddIn.Startup(Application application, CustomTaskPaneCollection customTaskPaneCollection) at Engage.OutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.ThisAddIn_Startup(Object sender, EventArgs e) at Microsoft.Office.Tools.AddInImpl.OnStartup() at Microsoft.Office.Tools.AddInImpl.AddInExtensionImpl.Microsoft.Office.Tools.EntryPoint.OnStartup() at Microsoft.Office.Tools.AddInBase.OnStartup() at Engage.OutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.FinishInitialization() at Microsoft.Office.Tools.AddInBase.Microsoft.Office.Tools.EntryPoint.FinishInitialization() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.ExecuteCustomization.ExecutePhase(ExecutionPhases executionPhases) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.ExecuteCustomization.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Interop.IExecuteCustomization2.ExecuteEntryPoints()
The log file containing the above error is the most recent file located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Colligo\Engage\OutlookLogs.
Cause: Microsoft Office Update KB4011162 introduced a change to disable the feature to set the Default Home Page of a PST folder. As a result, Colligo Email Manager is prevented from loading properly.
To confirm that this update has been installed:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs or Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Navigate to View installed updates.
- Search for KB4011162.
Workaround: Download the attached zipped package, close Outlook, and import the applicable .reg file to add an override to re-enable this functionality. Alternatively, update the registry as described below.
For an Enterprise deployment, refer to the KB article Enterprise Deployment Of Email Manager for Outlook.
To manually update the registry:
- Open the registry by searching for regedit.
- Browse to the applicable registry location:
- Office 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security
- Office 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Security
- Office 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security
- As needed, create folders (Keys) by right-clicking the location and selecting New > Key. Or, select the location, use the Edit menu and select New > Key.
- Create a new DWORD value by right-clicking the location and selecting New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Or, select the location, use the Edit menu and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter EnableRoamingFolderHomepages as the name of your DWORD value and press Enter. Or, right-click the new value, click Rename and enter EnableRoamingFolderHomepages.
- Right-click the DWORD value and select Modify... from the contextual menu or double-click it to launch the Edit DWORD dialog.
- In the Value data field, enter 1 and click OK.
17-Oct-2017 Article created.
20-Oct-2017 Added information for Enterprise deployments.