This article applies to:
8.0.9 Email Manager for Outlook
To allow users to edit Office documents from Outlook view, the entry below must exist in LocalSettings.xml with a Value of True. The default value for this setting is False.
<Description>If true, user can edit Office Documents in SharePoint</Description>
Note: Colligo Email Manager must be closed when this file is being modified.
The LocalSettings.xml file is located inside the file %LOCALAPPDATA%\Colligo\Engage\LocalSettings.db, which is created after you authenticate with Colligo the first time Outlook is launched after installation of Colligo Email Manager.
To edit the LocalSettings.xml file:
- Close Outlook.
- Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Colligo\Engage.
- Make a backup of the file LocalSettings.db.
- Rename the file LocalSettings.db as LocalSettings.zip.
- LocalSettings.zip contains one file: LocalSettings.xml.
- Edit LocalSettings.xml as follows:
- Locate EnableOfficeDocEditingInSharePoint.
- Set Value to True.
- Save your changes.
- Rename the file LocalSettings.zip as LocalSettings.db.
- Launch Outlook.
- Editing of Office documents from Outlook View is now available by way of the right-click menu option Open in SharePoint.
10-Apr-2018 Article created.