This article applies to:
7.x Briefcase for iOS
If you are beta testing a Colligo Briefcase for iOS application, or working with support to track down an issue, Colligo may ask you to provide your UDID, or Unique Device Identifier. This page describes details of what a UDID actually is, and how to find it.
Every iPad/iPod/iPhone is assigned a UDID, an identifier that is unique to that physical device. Your UDID is not personally identifiable to any particular person, and is used only to lock each license of Briefcase to a specific device. When Briefcase is purchased and deployed in your organization, no UDID is required. This is a requirement from Apple specific to trialing software for enterprise deployment.
To find your UDID for your iPad/iPod/iPhone:
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Click the device name in the top right corner of the screen:
The information for the device displays:
3. Click the Serial Number field to toggle between the Serial Number and the UDID:
To find your UDID for your iPad/iPod/iPhone on older versions of iTunes:
- Connect it to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Select your iPad in the Devices list.
- On the Summary tab is the iPad Serial Number. Click this field to toggle between the Serial Number and the UDID: