Most configuration settings can be applied during installation using the MSI installer or after installation by adding a registry key or by modifying an existing one. Some configuration settings can only be applied using one of these methods.
Applying a setting during installation:
To apply a setting during installation, you can include it in a custom script with msiexec.exe or you can customize your MSI installer with the use of an MSI editor. Enter the MSI Property Name and preferred value as specified in the Possible Value Data field of the Configuration Setting article.
Applying a setting after installation:
To apply a setting after installation you will need to modify an existing registry key or add a new one.
Note: It is recommended that only System Administrators edit the registry.
Registry keys are located either in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, with a base location as follows:
|32 or 64 bit:
- If the Registry Key is not present in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER, one should be created in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- If the Registry Key is present in both locations, the value used is the one specified in the Configuration Setting article under Registry Root Key Priority.
If the registry key already exists:
Modify the String Value Data by right-clicking the String Value Name and selecting Modify.... Or, use the Edit menu and select Modify....
To create a new string value in the registry:
- Open the registry:
Windows 10: Search for regedit
Windows 7/8: Start > Search for regedit.exe
Windows XP: Start > Run > regedit.exe
- Browse to the base registry location as specified above.
- Browse to the registry key location as specified in the Configuration Setting article.
- As needed, create folders (Keys) in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE node by right-clicking the location and selecting New > Key. Or, select the location, use the Edit menu and select New > Key.
- Create a new string value by right-clicking the location and selecting New > String Value. Or, select the location, use the Edit menu and select New > String Value.
- Enter the name of your string value and press Enter.
- Right-click the string value and select Modify... from the contextual menu or double-click it to launch the Edit String dialog.
- In the Value data field, enter your preferred value as specified in Possible Value Data.
Once the registry has been updated, restart your Colligo app.