This article guides you through the process of upgrading from Briefcase Lite or Briefcase Pro to the latest release of Briefcase for iOS. You will be installing Briefcase for iOS and then configuring it using the configuration information from your current Briefcase Lite/Pro installation.
This article applies to:
3.x Briefcase Lite/Pro
- OS 8+
- Briefcase Lite/Pro is still installed
A. Sign up for a Colligo Console account
If you already have a Colligo Console account, please proceed to step B. If you do not have an account, you may sign up for one at www.colligoapp.com. For more details, please refer to the article How to Sign Up for a Colligo Console account.
Note: The final step in creating an account is the option to add a SharePoint site. If you choose to add a site at this time, you will need site configuration and authentication information which you can obtain from your SharePoint Administrator. You can also obtain configuration information and some authentication information from your Briefcase Pro/Lite configuration. How to do this is described in step D.
B. Download and install the latest release of Colligo Briefcase for iOS
- Ensure that you meet the pre-requisites
- (optional) Backup your current app
- Log in to Colligo Console
- Scroll down to the Colligo Apps section
- Locate Colligo Briefcase for iOS, then tap the button to Download on the App Store
- You will be taken to the Apple App Store. Tap on Get and then tap on Install
C. Launch Colligo Briefcase for iOS
- Tap the Colligo Briefcase for iOS app to launch it
- Sign in using your Colligo Console credentials
- You will be asked if you would like to enter default SharePoint authentication information. Choose Cancel to make the box go away, or enter your information to continue
- If you did not add a site during the creation of a Colligo Console account, you will be prompted to add one at this time. Please proceed to step D
- If you added a Site during the creation of a Colligo Console account, you will then be prompted by SharePoint to enter your credentials. If you entered them in the previous step, they will be pre-populated for you. If desired, check the "Keep me signed in" box.
- The Sync Site popup appears and you have the option to select which lists and libraries you wish to sync to your device. Each item you select will have an information icon which allows you to set the preference for storing files Offline for that item. Once you have made your selections, tap on Now or Later to choose when to sync
- If you upgraded from Briefcase Lite, this is the only site, and your configuration of Briefcase for iOS is now complete. Additional sites may be added as described in step D
D. Configure Colligo Briefcase for iOS - Add Sites
Sites configured in Briefcase Lite (one site) or Briefcase Pro (unlimited sites) are not copied over, and must be manually added to Colligo Briefcase for iOS.
- To add a site, tap the sites icon () located in the top left corner. Then tap the + icon to bring up the Add Site panel. If you did not add a Site during the creation of a Colligo Console account, this panel will already be displayed
- Enter the requested information: Site URL, User Name, and Domain (if needed)
- To obtain configuration information from Briefcase Pro/Lite:
- Launch Briefcase Pro/Lite
- Bring up the Sites list by tapping on the Sites icon located in the top left. The Sites list will look like this:
- For each site in the list, tap the information button to bring up the Edit window for that site
- Copy the Site URL from the Edit window and then paste it into the Add Site window in Colligo Briefcase for iOS. Ensure that you do not have an extra http:// at the start of the URL
- Repeat the process for User Name, and Domain (if specified)