< NOTE: Article currently Requires updating for latest Microsoft admin screens >
For latest please see this overview video of the installation process for Tenant Administrators:
This article includes:
- Prerequisites for Installation
- Installation: Deploying the Add-In
Colligo MS365 Add-Ins can be deployed by adding a manifest in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
Prerequisites for Installation
- Office 365 Tenant Administrator
Installation: Deploying the Add-In
- Log in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Expand Settings, select Services & add-ins, and click on Deploy Add-In.
- Review the requirements for Centralized Deployment. If they are met, click Next.
- Select I have a URL for the manifest file, enter the URL for the service you are deploying and then click Next.
- Next, Specify who has access by selecting the option appropriate for your organization. If choosing Specific Users/Groups, a search tool will appear.
Note: You should include yourself in this list, at least temporarily, as you will need access for the next step.
- To edit the deployment method (default: Users will not be able to remove the add-in once it is deployed), click View options.
- Select the option appropriate for your organization and click Deploy Now.
- Deployment may take a few minutes. When complete, a confirmation message will appear.
Note:You may need to wait up to 12 hours for the add in to be available.
- Click Next and you are given the option to deploy to more users.
- Click Close and you are returned to theServices & add-ins . Validate that the Add-in you added is now listed.
Tenant Admin - Pre Approval of Application Permissions
As the tenant admin, you can pre-approve the application permissions required so that your users do not have to. This is key if you have configured your Microsoft Enterprise Application settings so that an end user cannot add or approve add-ins themselves.
You have two choices as the enterprise admin in order to pre-approve the application. You can directly log into the application interfaces yourself as the tenant admin and 'approve on behalf of your organisation.
- this is the simplest way, but will require an o365 license for things like the Colligo Email Manager Outlook add-in, Word/Excel or PPT add-in and the Teams add-in.
Please ensure that the first approval you give is the tenant admin approval through the Colligo Management Console to read your users. This is to ensure that our licensing can work with your user directory.
To pre-approve permissions when your tenant admin is not licensed and so cannot actually launch the Colligo add-ins then please follow this guide:
How do I pre-configure my Azure AD Permissions for end users