Duplicate Sites (double uploading and I can't remove the second site)

Answered

The colligoapp.com sites tab is only displaying one site in the list whereas the application shows two sites and it's trying to sync everything and overloading my computer.

How do I fix this???

Best Answer

If you are looking to sync only a specific folder, please remove the site from your Console account, remove the sites from your Briefcase, and then pin the location you want to a Stream. This is the current workaround that will allow you to sync only the folder that you want sync'd.

There is a fix in the works to reverse the current behaviour based on feedback like yours that will enable users to select the content they want rather than pushing down ALL the content. I will report back when that fix is available.

Hi Madelyn,

Did you manually add one of the sites?

Are you able to manually remove one of the duplicates by selecting one of the sites and click on the "-" button on the bottom left? If so, do both sites still reappear after the removal?

Thanks,

Gordie

Yes I tried all of those things. The "-" button is grayed out and doesn't let me remove. It also doesn't show up in my sites list on the website.

Hi Madelyn,

Do both of the Bottleneck sites in the Briefcase preferences have greyed out "-" buttons? If so, can you please try reinstalling the Briefcase application and let us know if both sites reappear?

Thanks,

Kyle

I am having this issue as well. I only want to sync a specific folder within my sharepoint site, but it is syncing that folder and another one that is syncing the entire site. There are duplicate downloads now. I don't want the full site, and that's the one that I can't delete. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, same issues.

Answer

If you are looking to sync only a specific folder, please remove the site from your Console account, remove the sites from your Briefcase, and then pin the location you want to a Stream. This is the current workaround that will allow you to sync only the folder that you want sync'd.

There is a fix in the works to reverse the current behaviour based on feedback like yours that will enable users to select the content they want rather than pushing down ALL the content. I will report back when that fix is available.

That works! I didn't realize that I had to go into the Console and delete the site there. Everything is working perfectly now, thank you!!!

Login or Signup to post a comment