Cannot save Office documents to sharepoint anymore

Answered

Using it with great happiness for a couple of months, now all of a sudden office documents (Excel and Word) fail to save to the sharepoint folder I opened them from. At first Excel throws a message: "Fileaccess: grant acces to open these files:" showing the sharepoint directory. Also a colligo error message is thrown saying: "Unable to create test.xlsx.sb-670d144e0arVIVWR". Files can not be placed in the root". Whereas the filename is test.xlsx. Finally Excel throws the warning "Changes cannot be saved".

Best Answer

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the fast reply!

Actually uninstalling the whole thing and installing the upgraded version did the whole trick for me. I was just looking for this ticket to update you.

thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Can you please provide which operating system you are using, the version of Briefcase you are using, and the version of FUSE you are using?

Additionally, would you please attach a copy of your logs to this ticket? You can go from the Briefcase Menu Icon -> Preferences -> Reveal In Finder -> com.colligo.mac.engage.finder and please upload the log file in that folder.

Following that log folder, would you be able to save a local copy of the file you have changed, then try removing and re-adding the site within Briefcase?

Thanks,

Kyle

Answer

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the fast reply!

Actually uninstalling the whole thing and installing the upgraded version did the whole trick for me. I was just looking for this ticket to update you.

thanks,

Tom

I'm glad that uninstalling and upgrading fixed it for you. Feel free to reach out if you have any more issues.

Thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment