Error initializing Colligo Briefcase - Node type is missing

Answered

Hi !

I install Colligo Briefcase for Mac to sync a SharePoint share. It was ok after installed it but not when I try to restart it I have an initializing error saying "Node type is missing".

I tried to uninstall the application and reinstall it but I still have the same message.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Best Answer

Ok. Can you confirm how you tried to uninstall it? Simply dragging Briefcase to the Recycle Bin will not properly uninstall Colligo. Usually you would need to select uninstall from the Briefcase menu bar icon, but since this happens on launch I assume we cannot do that.

The alternative access to the uninstaller is navigate to Applications > Right Click on Colligo Briefcase.app > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > Colligo Briefcase Uninstaller.app

Hello, 

At what point of the process does this come up? While loading or after authenticating?

Could you tell me what version of Briefcase you are installing and what version of MacOS you are using?

Hi !

• Im' on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1
  • Using Colligo Briefcase for Mac 7.5.0.

• I installed Colligo, connect to my SharePoint (Not Office365 SharePoint), Sync my SharePoint folder on my Mac.
  • It was ok but I close my Mac and when I open it again Colligo can start again. I have this message when i try to restart it :

1. Error initializing Colligo Briefcase
  2. Node type is missing.

No i have all the files from my SharePoint on my Mac but not sync anymore with the SharePoint site.

I tried to uninstall Colligo and reinstall it but i have still the same error

Can you please attach the logs from your machine?

You can find these at ~/Library/Group Containers/V9Q7C2QEFE.com.colligo.engage.AppGroup/Library/Application Support

There is a zip with the log files.

Thanks

zip

Thanks, let me review these and get back to you.

Hi ! 

Some news about my problem ?

The error seems to be coming from a bad sync from the location of /PWC - PWC_ Pricewaterhousecoopers - 170140600/. Can you try deselecting this location from the sync and see if you still get the node error?

I can't unselect anything because the application doesn't want to open anymore. I have this error message when i start it.

Answer

Ok. Can you confirm how you tried to uninstall it? Simply dragging Briefcase to the Recycle Bin will not properly uninstall Colligo. Usually you would need to select uninstall from the Briefcase menu bar icon, but since this happens on launch I assume we cannot do that.

The alternative access to the uninstaller is navigate to Applications > Right Click on Colligo Briefcase.app > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > Colligo Briefcase Uninstaller.app

Hi !

I tried to uninstall with "AppCleaner" I will try with Colligo Briefcase Uninstaller.app and let you know.

It's ok ! Now it's working

Thanks

:)

Login or Signup to post a comment